Private Events & Classes
Want to bring your party at the Uncommon Cafe for a private event? Or host the party at your place or a location of your choice? No problem! This is the perfect option for a birthday, shower, stagette or just because!
See the booking procedure and FAQ at the bottom of the page. Contact me for prices, dates and other details.
Here are some ideas for your event. For more inspiration, check the events page, and see our past and upcoming classes!
Build your own class!
Choose from selection or dishes that you want to be demonstrated and enjoyed during your party. (Please note depending on the length of the course, budget and number of participants, recommendations might be offered to better suits your party)
Appetizers & Starters
- To book a class and save the date, a non-refundable $75 deposit is due right upon booking. This allows us to save a date for you, and covers turndown inquiries in case you decide to cancel.
- One month before the event, you will receive an invoice for 50% of the full cost of the class. It is due to be paid 2 weeks prior to the class (or earlier if you wish).
- Two weeks before the event, you will receive the invoice for the full cost of the class. It is due to be paid 72hrs prior to the class (or earlier if you wish).
- If any additional charges are added by the time of the class (additional participants, change of menu etc…), the remaining balance can be settled on site before the event starts.
- In case of cancellation, here is the fee schedule:
- Cancellation over 2 weeks prior to event: $75 fee
- Cancellation 2 weeks up to 72 hrs prior: $75 fee + 50% of class cost
- Cancellation within 72 hours: 100% of the class cost
- No minimum participants are required (max. 10), but a minimum fee of $350 is necessary to run a private event.
- To this, the total will vary depending on various factors such as:
- Number of participants
- Event taking place at The Uncommon Café or private space
- If you want alcohol to be served. Possibility to bring your own (corkage fee applies)
- Menu or type of class chosen
- Date chosen (Weekends, special occasions and holidays may have a premium fee)
- Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover and Visa Debit(online and onsite)
- Paypal (online)
- Bank e-transfer (online)
- Cash payment can be made directly at the café during opening hours
- Cheques are accepted within 7 days of payment due date
Other things to know before booking:
- Most times, the food demonstrated and served will contain gluten, dairies, eggs and other ingredients that are considered as allergens, as well as our kitchen, where all kind of food is being handled. Substitutions are not always possible. If any concerns, please inquire prior to booking!
- Everyone is welcome; however, recommended min age is 14, and required min age is 19 if alcohol is served.
- Our classes are mainly demonstration style. Our kitchen is not equipped for every student to cook, but when possible, I will hand over some work!
- The Uncommon Café (477 Powell St, corner of Jackson St, Vancouver) is conveniently located 5 min driving distance from downtown Vancouver, easily accessible by public transportation. Free street parking is available.
In the News!
Read the full article here.
Gail JohnsonGeorgia Straight associate editor